Short Courses in California
CDIC, in collaboration with its academic partners, schedules short courses throughout the year. These short courses are a unique opportunity for hands-on training and require no pre-requisites. They may be attended by technical and marketing staff, leadership teams, as well as current and future entrepreneurs.
CDIC and its academic partners also schedule annual conferences to showcase innovation, manufacturing, and marketing opportunities. These conferences are for dairy industry leaders, professionals, associated industries, and professionals in the dairy industry operations, R&D, QA, marketing and regulatory affairs. It’s a great opportunity to facilitate dialogue, identify new opportunities and resolutions to barriers faced by the industry.
For the schedule of upcoming Short Courses: CDIC Training Events 2024 jan 4 update
On-line Training Hub
On-line training and hybrid courses will soon be available. While we are scaling-up capacity to offer local and regional programs, the following resources will be helpful.
This 2 day course will include a review of milk characteristics, learning about the major types of Hispanic & Mediterranean cheeses, & understanding basic microbiology & food safety. Practice will […]
A 2 day course with expert lecturers and pilot plant demonstrations. Course program will be available soon. For course registration information please visit this website: https://calpoly.irisregistration.com/Site/CP-Dairy-May-2024
A 2 day course in the CalPoly creamery. It will provide instruction on fundamentals of milk and cheesemaking processes. It will also feature the practical manufacturing of farmers, Gouda & […]
On-line Short Courses offered through Regional Dairy Centers
A variety of on-line courses are available from other dairy centers, and open to California dairy processors and entrepreneurs. Please consult the Centers’ website for additional information on program, registration, and cost.
Dairy Management Inc.
- Dairy Foods Extension – Short Courses & Workshops
- Introduction to Food Safety Principle (English & Spanish)
- Dairy Science and Sanitation (English & Spanish)
- Vat Pasteurizer
- Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) (Spanish & English)
Penn State College of Agricultural Science
University of North Carolina, Raleigh
- FS 250 Basics of Food Safety
- FS 416/516 Quality Control in Food and Bioprocessing
- FS 435/535 Food Safety Management Systems
- Environmental Monitoring in The Dairy Industry:
- Preventive Controls for Dairy Processors
- Food Safety Basics for Artisan Cheesemakers
- Food Safety Basics for Ice Cream Makers